When totuma grows up, we want to be a multidisciplinary collective of designers, writers, artist, photographers, filmmakers, architects, programers, carpenters, mathematicians, chefs, magicians and porn actors. We just celebrate our 14th birthday ( we're hitting professional puberty very soon) and in our adolescent naiveness we like to think that we have created at least a couple of memorable audiovisual designs for our Latin American market. Nevertheless we still have a lot of time and space to continue growing and to became someday what we want to be...
Since he's not revolutionary nor charismatic... he must be an
DESIGN IS = the process of transforming an idea into a (memorable and pregnant) image.
It doesn't happen as much as we like, but usually when we have an idea in Totuma ( good or bad) Hubert is the responsible of planting the original seed. Fortunately Vladimir and Cristina are capable of interpreting his doodles (in recycled napkins always ) and bring some of those ideas to life.
- Actual priority: rehabilitate his right brain's hemisphere.
- Phrase more used at the Studio: "Wao!! take a look at this..."
- Wants to be when he grows up: porn actor, time traveler and street musician.
- Future projects: to produce pieces that are relevant artistically, politically and socially… and to teach his daughter (Rebeca) that the most important thing in life is NOT been "tumblr famous" (www.blosom.tumblr.com - eleven thousand followers and counting)
- Totuma's projects he is most proud of: tolerance
- Vision of the world: blurred by short sightedness, that forces him to focus on the forest instead of the trees.
- About Vladimir: "His obsessions make my life miserable and my work extraordinary."
- About Cristina: "She's the most talented graphic designer / art director I have ever worked with... Hopefully she'll never find that I really don't add much to her work."
"THE MAN WHO COUNTED" or as Cristina calls him
"A BEAUTIFUL MIND"
DESIGN IS = beauty + technology.
Every time a project has a technical or mathematical challenge of any aspect (pixels, bites, ratios, fields, formats, frames drop frames, cables, electricity, plumbing, excel, ones and zeroes, etc, etc, etc.) Vladimir will be the first in cracking it up and solve it. In the process, he must consume an alarming amount of cigarettes (currently electronics, fortunately )
- Actual priority: work on a Excel of the sleep hours and the feeding bottles consumed by his daughter Sofia, making a chart also of the amount and frequency of diapers changed.
- Phrase more used at the Studio: "We need to buy and install a new…"
- Wants to be when he grows up: carpenter, photographer, programmer, physician, mathematician, architect… all at the same time.
- Totuma's project he is most proud of: LifeTime Breast Cancer Campaign.
- Vision of the world: Dizzy by the earth rotation. Velocity 1674.4 Km/h (465.1 m/s) and trying to develop a device or application to compensate for it.
- About Hubert: "Hubert? Who's Hubert? The guy always asking what's the meaning of everything??"
- About Cristina: "She's the most talented graphic designer / art director I have had the pleasure to work with… also my wife."
EVERYTHING CAN BE REDESIGNED.
DESIGN IS = beauty, pure and simple aesthetic pleasure.
If by any change you ever saw something designed by Totuma and thought it was nice, there's a 99% of possibilities that Cristina was responsible for it, either because she designed it herself or because she tormented some other poor designer ( always with love) to achieve that result.
- Actual priority: redesign something, a studio project, the studio itself, the web page, her house… etc.
- Phrase more used at the Studio: "it's not beautiful enough, it needs more love and some magic."
- Wants to be when grows up: painter, punk and chef.
- Future projects: to make more personal and experimental pieces… that and to teach her daughter Sofia how to be like her, a flower ( that produces her own food by laying in the sun in the - extremely hot and humid- city of Miami).
- Totuma's piece she feels most proud of: Untitled 2012
- Vision of the world: nonconformist but optimistic, everything can be better.
- About Hubert: "His ideas ignite Totuma's imagination"
- About Vladimir: "His obsessions make my life and my work extraordinary. He's always pushing for "the extra mile". Without Vladimir, Hubert and I will be working on a mud hut (a nice one) "
THE MAN BEHIND THE CAMERA
Juan aims at creating genuine and visually compelling stories. He specializes in the production and direction of TV commercials, Music Videos and Corporate Videos, as well as Documentaries and Live Concert Direction.
Award winning producer with more than 14 years of experience working with international brands for Latin America such as Phillip Morris, Carrefour, Yamaha, Suzuki Motors among others.
Audiovisual Designer and Specialist in Audiovisual Business Administration.
In her professional experience she has developed the graphic creativity applied to television, advertising and cinema, as well as developing and managing corporate strategies, internal processes in the communication, advertising and audiovisual media sector.
Design fanatic with good taste for the image, brings the secret touch on every project that passes through her hands. Female figure among a sea of ??creative madmen.
Audiovisual designer, specialist in Direction and production of cinema, video and television of the European University of the Atlantic - Barcelona.
Has experience in the management of processes of creative conceptualization and strategic planning for an adequate process of production, direction and postproduction. Making the visual image and its narrative coherent, believable and in tune with the message.
Technology geek, connected, updated and informed, the octopus of art puts us head to make the best of each project.